All API functions require an API key for authentication. An API key is linked to your account and identifies you to the Numetric system. API keys must always be kept secret. You should treat your API key like you would your password. Do not store your API keys in publicly accessible places such as GitHub or client-side code.
An API key must be included in each request in the HTTP "Authorization" header. All API requests must be made over HTTPS. Calls made over HTTP will fail. API requests without authentication will also fail. Below are the steps to generate an API Key.
- Click on your name in the upper left hand corner of Numetric and select “Settings”.
- Click on “API Keys” on the left hand side of the page.
- Click on the "New API Key" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- Type in a Key Name, and click “Generate Key”.
- Your unique key will then be generated, and can be used with the API. Additional API questions can be answered here: http://developer.numetric.com.