Crash Summary Reports allow users to easily generate custom, sharable summary reports that summarize your custom query.
Crash Summary Reports display the key metrics identified in the Metrics Tab of any Query, and can be customized to fit the needs of every report. Each Crash Summary Report displays the applied filters for the report, as well as a map of the report area, identifying the Total Crashes, and Fatal Crashes for the report area.
Additionally, the Crash Summary report displays the Metrics from the Metrics Tab of the Query, including the raw number of crashes for each attribute from the Metrics Tab. If the Query includes a Geofilter of either a City, County, or Region, the Crash Summary Report will also include a baseline, and overrepresentation value for each attribute, indicating the filtered areas performance in relation to the County, Region, or State.
How to Generate a Crash Summary Report
To generate a Crash Summary Report complete the steps outlined below:
- Open Crash Query, and enter the desired filter criteria for your Crash Summary Report.
2. From the Metrics Tab, select the metrics you would like include in the report by clicking on the Manage Metrics icon, and selecting the metrics to include.
3. Click on the download icon (an arrow facing down) in the top right corner of the screen (located to the far left of the Save button), and select Comparison Report.
4. In the Report Options window, enter the report title, and the requestor of the report (optional) in the corresponding fields. If a Geofilter is applied to your query, you will see the option to Include Baselines and Over-Representations, if desired check this box.
5. When the report options window is filled out, click the Create Report button. A new tab will open, and Crash Query will generate a preview of the report.
6. Review the report and make sure it contains the data desired. If the report is correct, click the Save and Download button in the top right corner (clicking the Back button in the top left corner will return you Crash Query without saving the report).
7. Crash Query will then generate the report, download it to your local computer, and save the report in the Reports section of Numetric.