Comparison Report Overview
Comparison reports allow users to easily generate custom reports that compare trends in key data points across two selected date ranges.
The comparison report compares the baseline date range, against the comparison date range, and tracks the overall trend in several key metrics, including the percent change in serious, and fatal crashes, as well as crash cost.
Additionally, the Comparison Report displays the change in crash counts and costs (annualized), the top differentiators between the two selected date ranges, as well as a summary of all key datapoints available within the dataset.
How to Generate a Comparison Report
To generate a comparison report in Crash Query, complete the steps outlined below: 1
1. Open Crash Query, and enter the desired filter criteria for your comparison report.
2. Click on the Create Report button in the top right corner of the screen.
3. In the Report Options window, enter the report title, and the requester of the report (optional) in the corresponding fields, and check the box labeled Comparison Report.
4. Select the date ranges for the comparison. Click in the Date Range 1 field, and select the start and end date for the baseline portion of the report (generally the older of the two date ranges).
When the baseline date range is selected, select the comparison date range by clicking in the Date Range 2 field, and select the start and end date for the comparison portion of the report (generally the more recent of the two date ranges).
5. When the report options window is filled out, click the Generate Report button. A new tab will open, and Crash Query will generate the report.
6. To download a PDF version of the report, click the Download PDF button located at the top of the screen.