Comparison Report Overview
Comparison reports allow users to easily generate custom reports that compare trends in key data points across two selected date ranges.
The comparison report compares the baseline date range, against the comparison date range, and tracks the overall trend in the key metrics from the Metrics Tab of the query, including the percent change in serious, and fatal crashes, as well as crash cost.
Additionally, the Comparison Report displays the change in crash counts and costs (annualized), the top differentiators between the two selected date ranges, as well as a summary of all Metrics from the Metrics Tab of the query
How to Generate a Comparison Report
To generate a comparison report in Crash Query, complete the steps outlined below:
1. Open Crash Query, and enter the desired filter criteria for your Comparison Report.
2. From the Metrics Tab, select the metrics you would like include in the report by clicking on the Manage Metrics icon, and selecting the metrics to include.
3. Click on the download icon (an arrow facing down) in the top right corner of the screen (located to the far left of the Save button), and select Comparison Report.
4. In the Report Options window, enter the report title, and the requestor of the report (optional) in the corresponding fields, then select the date ranges for the comparison. Click in the Date Range 1 field, and select the start and end date for the baseline portion of the report (generally the older of the two date ranges). When the baseline date range is selected, select the comparison date range by clicking in the Date Range 2 field, and select the start and end date for the comparison portion of the report (generally the more recent of the two date ranges).
5. When the report options window is filled out, click the Create Report button. A new tab will open, and Crash Query will generate a preview of the report.
6. Review the report and make sure it contains the data desired. If the report is correct, click the Save and Download button in the top right corner (clicking the Back button in the top left corner will return you Crash Query without saving the report).
7. Crash Query will then generate the report, download it to your local computer, and save the report in the Reports section of Numetric.