To modify the actual Function of an SPF, take the steps outlined below (Note - this process is the same for Segments and Intersections)
1. Open SPF Manager, and search for the Segment or Intersection Grouping for which you would like to modify the Function.
2. To the right of the Safety Performance Function heading, click the Edit Function button.
3. In the Edit Function window, under the Formula heading, modify the Function as desired. The chart will update to reflect your changes. Enter any notes in the Notes section under the chart. (Note: To set a function to the Optimal Fit, click the Set Function to Optimal Fit link, located at the top right corner of the graph.
4. When your modifications are complete, click the Save button at the top of the screen.
5. Review the changes to the Function. If you would like to finalize the change, click the Publish button at the top of the screen.
A history of all changes to the SPF will be tracked in the History section of the SPF manager. To see how to view the History of an SPF, see the SPF Manager - How to Track the History of an SPF article.