The Network Screening - Segments application also allows users to generate a Sliding Window analysis. Sliding Window analysis is a frequency-based Network Screening approach that helps users determine where the most crashes are occurring along their roadway network in a given sized window.
To generate a Sliding Window analysis, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Open the Network Screening application, and click on the Sliding Windows tab.
2. To customize the size of your window, click the Settings button, located in the top right corner of the Sliding Window tab.
3. From the Settings Flyout, you can select the length of the window for your analysis, as well as select if you would like to Ignore overlaps, or not (Selecting Ignore Overlaps will set your analysis to not display any overlapping windows in the ranking. Selecting None will display overlapping windows in the ranking). When you are finished, click the X in the top right corner of the flyout.
4. With your window size set, enter any filter criteria in the Advanced Search Bar (E.g. recommended countermeasure, county geo boundary, etc.)
5. In the Sliding Window tab, click on the column header you would like to use to rank your windows (Crashes, Fatalities, Crash Rate, ePDO)
6. To explore a window in more detail, click on the window in either the map, or the Sliding Window tab. This will open the Window Flyout.
7. To Save your Sliding Window analysis, click the Save icon in the top right corner of the screen, and give your analysis a name, and a category.
8. To download a Sliding Window Report, click the Download icon in the top right corner of the screen (a downward facing arrow), and select the PDF, or the Worksheet download. A Worksheet download will save a copy of the Sliding Window table results to your local computer. The PDF will save a custom PDF report of the Sliding Window results to your local computer.