Crash Summary Reports allow users to easily generate custom, sharable summary reports that summarize your custom query.
Crash Summary Reports display the key metrics identified in the Metrics Sidebar of any Query and can be customized to fit the needs of every report. Additionally, users can choose to add any charts from the Chart Builder tab to the bottom of their Crash Summary Report.
Each Crash Summary Report displays the applied filters for the report, as a map of the report area, identifying the Total Crashes, and Fatal Crashes for the report area.
Additionally, the Crash Summary report displays the Metrics from the Metrics Sidebar of the Query, including the raw number of crashes for each attribute from the Metrics Tab. If the Query includes a Geofilter of either a City, County, or Region, the Crash Summary Report will also include a baseline, and overrepresentation value for each attribute, indicating the performance of the filtered area in relation to the County, Region, or State.
Users can also select to include any charts from the Chart Builder tab of their query. This includes any bar, stacked/grouped bar, line, or pie charts (note: Pivot tables are not available for inclusion in Crash Summary reports. You can select to include/exclude charts from the Report Options window, under the Chart Category.
How to Generate a Crash Summary Report
To generate a Crash Summary Report complete the steps outlined below:
1. Open Crash Query, and enter the desired filter criteria for your Crash Summary Report.
2. From the Metrics Tab, select the metrics you would like to include in the report by clicking on the Manage Metrics icon and selecting the metrics to include.
3. If adding Charts to your Crash Summary report, make sure the charts are correctly displayed in the Chart Builder Tab.
4. Click on the download icon (an arrow facing down) in the top right corner of the screen (located to the left of the Save button).
5. From the Report Selection Window, click on Summary.
6. In the Report Options window, enter the report title, and the requestor of the report (optional) in the corresponding fields. To include your charts in the Summary Report, check the Include Charts Below Metrics box (not checking this box will leave charts off the report.
7. When the report options window is filled out, click the Create Report button. A new tab will open, and Crash Query will generate a preview of the report.
6. Review the report and make sure it contains the data desired. If the report is correct, click the Save and Download button in the top right corner (clicking the Back button in the top left corner will return you Crash Query without saving the report).
7. Crash Query will then generate the report, download it to your local computer, and save the report in the Reports section of Numetric.