The Network Screening - Segments application also allows users to generate a Sliding Window analysis. Sliding Window analysis is a frequency-based Network Screening approach that helps users determine where the most crashes are occurring along their roadway network in a given sized window.
How to Generate a Sliding Window Analysis
1. Open the Sliding Windows application from the Numetric Dropdown menu.
2. To view and change the date extents for the screening, reference the Date Extents in the navigation bar at the top of the screen. To change the dates, click and select the desired date range.
3. To customize your window settings, click the Settings button (gear icon), located in the top right corner of the window, next to the Save button.
4. From the Settings Flyout, you can select the length of the window for your analysis, as well as select if you would like to Ignore overlaps, or not (Selecting Ignore Overlaps will set your analysis to not display any overlapping windows in the ranking. Selecting None will display overlapping windows in the ranking).
Additionally, you can define Limiting Values for various ranking criteria, this sets the minimum value that a window needs to meet in order to be displayed in the ranking. When you are finished, click the X in the top right corner of the flyout.
At the bottom of the Settings Flyout, you can define the number of windows you would like to display in your raking. Note that exceeding 100 windows will likely result in slower performance. Currently, the maximum number of windows is set to 1,000; however, it is recommended not to exceed 500, as it will result in serious application performance.
5. With your window size set, enter any filter criteria in the Advanced Search Bar (E.g. recommended countermeasure, county geo boundary, etc.)
6. In the Ranking Table, click on the column header you would like to use to rank your windows (Crashes, Fatalities, Crash Rate, ePDO)
7. To explore a window in more detail, click on the window in either the map, or the Sliding Window tab. This will open the Window Flyout.
8. To Save your Sliding Window analysis, click the Save icon in the top right corner of the screen, and give your analysis a name, and a category.
9. To download a Sliding Window Report, click the Download icon in the top right corner of the screen (a downward facing arrow), and select the PDF, or the Worksheet download. A Worksheet download will save a copy of the Sliding Window table results to your local computer. The PDF will save a custom PDF report of the Sliding Window results to your local computer.